Milford grad dies unexpectedly in Virginia
MILFORD — A graduate of Milford High School who was serving in the U.S. Army died unexpectedly at Fort Eustis, Va., where he was stationed.
U.S. Army Spc. Jared Davison, 24, died Sept. 4, but the cause of death has not yet been determined, according to a press release issued today by the U.S. Army.
Davison graduated from Milford High School in 2006 and attended Norwich Academy in Vermont and the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, N.Y. He joined the 558th Transportation Co. last month. He was serving as a watercraft engineer with the 558th Transportation Co., Special Troops Battalion, 7th Sustainment Brigade before his death, and was working toward the rank of sergeant.
READER COMMENTS: 15
- Charles Arlinghaus: Don't believe hype on Medicaid expansion - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Common sense vs. the military's pursuit of political correctness - 0
- Diana Lacey: $50 million in personnel cuts would hurt NH - 26
- Jonah Goldberg: Freedom: the unfolding revolution - 4
- Deroy Murdock: Corruption aside, the IRS has too much Obamacare authority - 8
- Thomas Sowell: There's lots of bad economic thinking in the immigration debate - 0
- Roger Simon: The slacker who came in from the cold - 3
- Charles Krauthammer: Pushing the envelope, NSA-style - 4
- George Will: Slipping the Constitution's leash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time