Londonderry police introduce new dispatcher and officer
LONDONDERRY — Town officials paused from their hectic agenda Monday night to recognize several members of the Londonderry Police Department’s expanding family.
Police Chief Bill Hart, who is also serving as the town’s interim town manager, introduced two new employees: dispatcher Amelia McKeever and Officer Narcisco “Junior” Garcia.
McKeever began working for the department in July, while Garcia will attend the New Hampshire Police Academy next week.
“Each time we hire someone new, we tell them they’ve got some big shoes to fill,” Hart said. “Our hope is they’ll follow the path those before them have laid out.”
Also honored were recently promoted staff members Shannon Coyle and Sean Doyle.
Coyle was promoted from officer to sergeant. Hart said her promotion means she’s now the first female police officer to earn that rank in the department but hopefully not the last.
“She’s really done an excellent job here,” the police chief said. “Already she’s been through a number of experiences here, and she’s always exhibited nothing but pure professionalism. I expect more good things from her and so should the community.”
Doyle, who has served on the local force for the past six years, was promoted from officer to detective.
- - - - - - - -
April Guilmet may be reached at AGuilmet@newstote.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Windham Garden Club’s plant sale keeps growing - 0
- Search for Goffstown middle school principal continues - 0
- State Fish and Game rescue Vt. couple off North Walpole trail - 0
- North Country ATV trail opening on schedule - 0
- NH Senior News Briefs - 0
- Pending polygraph, apparent Winni Derby winner says he caught salmon off Welch's Island - 0
- John Harrigan: Time to do what's right for the loon's haunting call in the night - 5
- Mind your (flea-market) manners - 1
- A great day for a road race - 0
Volunteer drivers needed in Windham
North Country ATV trail opening on schedule
NH Senior News Briefs
A great day for a road race
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?