May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Licensed nurse indicted on charges for taking morphine
BRENTWOOD — A licensed practical nurse has been indicted for allegedly stealing morphine from a patient earlier this year at a Portsmouth nursing home.
Nina Perez, 31, of Berwick, Maine was indicted on charges of possession of a controlled drug and abuse of facility patients following her arrest in August.
A grand jury returned the indictments against Perez on Sept. 7 in Rockingham County Superior Court.
Perez is accused of taking morphine prescribed to a patient at Edgewood Centre in Portsmouth and giving the man a muscle relaxant instead.
Perez was working as an LPN at the nursing home on May 19 when she allegedly took morphine prescribed to a male patient, according to prosecutors.
She then administered the prescription drug Flexeril, a muscle relaxant, to the patient as a substitute for the morphine, prosecutors said.
She is facing 3½ to 7 years in prison if she is convicted on the drug charge.
The abuse of facility patients charge is a misdemeanor.
- - - - - - - -
James A. Kimble may be reached at JKimble@newstote.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 43 killers on lifetime parole - but where? - 4
- Portsmouth driver distracted by Facebook hits utility pole - 9
- Robber escapes with drugs from Keene CVS - 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 3
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 0
- Gate City Musings: Mayor just keeps on spending - 0
- Nashua set to begin budget review - 0
- Manchester 'homeless meter' program seeks to deter panhandling - 0
Volunteer drivers needed in Windham
North Country ATV trail opening on schedule
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424