June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Licensed nurse indicted on charges for taking morphine
BRENTWOOD — A licensed practical nurse has been indicted for allegedly stealing morphine from a patient earlier this year at a Portsmouth nursing home.
Nina Perez, 31, of Berwick, Maine was indicted on charges of possession of a controlled drug and abuse of facility patients following her arrest in August.
A grand jury returned the indictments against Perez on Sept. 7 in Rockingham County Superior Court.
Perez is accused of taking morphine prescribed to a patient at Edgewood Centre in Portsmouth and giving the man a muscle relaxant instead.
Perez was working as an LPN at the nursing home on May 19 when she allegedly took morphine prescribed to a male patient, according to prosecutors.
She then administered the prescription drug Flexeril, a muscle relaxant, to the patient as a substitute for the morphine, prosecutors said.
She is facing 3½ to 7 years in prison if she is convicted on the drug charge.
The abuse of facility patients charge is a misdemeanor.
- - - - - - - -
James A. Kimble may be reached at JKimble@newstote.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 0
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 22
- Hooksett mother arrested for making repeated 911 calls, police say - 2
- Plea expected from woman who allegedly stole from elderly couple - 1
- Judge cancels the scheduled rape trial of a Raymond man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Storms knock out power to about 3,600 PSNH customers - 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 0
- American Medical Response back in good graces of key Manchester officials - 0
- Lebanon’s Colette Schmidt captures N.E. girls’ golf tourney crown - 0
- Sixteen make cut at State Am qualifying - 0
- Granite Stater Matt Bonner in position for another NBA title - 0
- Clippers, Celtics resume talks on Doc, Garnett deal - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 0
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Traffic stops in spotlight
One era ends, another begins at Union Leader
A Medicaid reduction? That is not likely
Study recommends Millyard parking garage
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424