Home » Opinion » Editorials
Joseph W. McQuaid: Obama's response pitiful and pathetic
The Obama administration's response to attacks on American embassies and the murder of American diplomats is pathetic. Obama himself was bloodless and without any emotion whatsoever in his Rose Garden appearance Wednesday. His reference to seeking “justice” for the murderers of Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens seemed pretty much an afterthought.
This is no more likely to deter further attacks on Americans than was our Egyptian embassy's initial pitiful statement of apology for a movie that the Islamic fundamentalists don't like.
But what else to expect from a President who has been apologizing for the United States and literally kowtowing to foreigners since he took office? This, after all, is the man whose party convention last week boasted of its military savvy while mistakenly showing RUSSIAN warships on the big screen.
Never mind his absolute bungling on the American economy. If Obama remains in office for another four years, America as we know it will be in great peril.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Competitors vie for heptathlon, decathlon titles - 0
- Rosters set for NH/Vt. lacrosse games - 0
- Sibling rivalries abound on track for decathlon, heptathlon - 0
- Coaches' All-Division girls' lacrosse teams - 0
- NH Boys' Lacrosse Coaches Association all-division teams - 0
- Former SNHU athletic director Chip Polak says he's Trinity's new AD - 2
- John Habib's High School Track: New England meet was Coe-Brown’s day in sun - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Unpredictable endings spice up NHIAA baseball, softball tournaments - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Lacrosse: Moving experiences - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 1
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 2
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time