Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: SNHU women blank Franklin Pierce in tennis
The Southern New Hampshire women’s tennis team opened up its campaign with a 9-0 win over Franklin Pierce University Thursday in Northeast-10 play in Manchester.
In doubles action, No. 1 pair Alena Mukdaprakorn and Diana Vamvakitis defeated Kirby Melbourne and Melissa Cohen, 7-0. The No. 2 doubles tandem of Amanda Albuquerque and Yolanda Green defeated Natasha McCarthy and Leslie Rodgers, 8-4 while Jamie Hanna and Kirsten Jean of Bedford completed the doubles sweep with a 7-0 blanking of Aubrey Lovejoy and Christine Boulanger.
Defending NE-10 Player of the Year Mukdaprakorn beat Natasha McCarthy in No. 1 singles, 6-3, 6-0.
Framingham State 3, Daniel Webster College 0: In Framingham, Mass., second half goals from Kaitlyn Ranieri, Emma Littlefield and Kelli Timmins paced the 3-0 Rams. Danielle Melanson of Derry stopped 12 shots in goal for the 0-2 Eagles.
Pine Manor 3, Daniel Webster College 1: In Nashua, Sybil Lynch notched three goals in the first half for the 1-3 Gators.
Alexis Pavelock’s third season goal broke the shutout bid. Abigail Goslin and Ema Donlagic of Belmont helped pace the Eagles’ offense with three shots apiece on goal.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Reports: Yankees get Red Sox Jacoby Ellsbury - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 5
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child