Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: SNHU women blank Franklin Pierce in tennis
The Southern New Hampshire women’s tennis team opened up its campaign with a 9-0 win over Franklin Pierce University Thursday in Northeast-10 play in Manchester.
In doubles action, No. 1 pair Alena Mukdaprakorn and Diana Vamvakitis defeated Kirby Melbourne and Melissa Cohen, 7-0. The No. 2 doubles tandem of Amanda Albuquerque and Yolanda Green defeated Natasha McCarthy and Leslie Rodgers, 8-4 while Jamie Hanna and Kirsten Jean of Bedford completed the doubles sweep with a 7-0 blanking of Aubrey Lovejoy and Christine Boulanger.
Defending NE-10 Player of the Year Mukdaprakorn beat Natasha McCarthy in No. 1 singles, 6-3, 6-0.
Framingham State 3, Daniel Webster College 0: In Framingham, Mass., second half goals from Kaitlyn Ranieri, Emma Littlefield and Kelli Timmins paced the 3-0 Rams. Danielle Melanson of Derry stopped 12 shots in goal for the 0-2 Eagles.
Pine Manor 3, Daniel Webster College 1: In Nashua, Sybil Lynch notched three goals in the first half for the 1-3 Gators.
Alexis Pavelock’s third season goal broke the shutout bid. Abigail Goslin and Ema Donlagic of Belmont helped pace the Eagles’ offense with three shots apiece on goal.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Competitors vie for heptathlon, decathlon titles - 0
- Rosters set for NH/Vt. lacrosse games - 0
- Sibling rivalries abound on track for decathlon, heptathlon - 0
- Coaches' All-Division girls' lacrosse teams - 0
- NH Boys' Lacrosse Coaches Association all-division teams - 0
- Former SNHU athletic director Chip Polak says he's Trinity's new AD - 2
- John Habib's High School Track: New England meet was Coe-Brown’s day in sun - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Unpredictable endings spice up NHIAA baseball, softball tournaments - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Lacrosse: Moving experiences - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 1
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 2
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?