Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: SNHU women blank Franklin Pierce in tennis
The Southern New Hampshire women’s tennis team opened up its campaign with a 9-0 win over Franklin Pierce University Thursday in Northeast-10 play in Manchester.
In doubles action, No. 1 pair Alena Mukdaprakorn and Diana Vamvakitis defeated Kirby Melbourne and Melissa Cohen, 7-0. The No. 2 doubles tandem of Amanda Albuquerque and Yolanda Green defeated Natasha McCarthy and Leslie Rodgers, 8-4 while Jamie Hanna and Kirsten Jean of Bedford completed the doubles sweep with a 7-0 blanking of Aubrey Lovejoy and Christine Boulanger.
Defending NE-10 Player of the Year Mukdaprakorn beat Natasha McCarthy in No. 1 singles, 6-3, 6-0.
Framingham State 3, Daniel Webster College 0: In Framingham, Mass., second half goals from Kaitlyn Ranieri, Emma Littlefield and Kelli Timmins paced the 3-0 Rams. Danielle Melanson of Derry stopped 12 shots in goal for the 0-2 Eagles.
Pine Manor 3, Daniel Webster College 1: In Nashua, Sybil Lynch notched three goals in the first half for the 1-3 Gators.
Alexis Pavelock’s third season goal broke the shutout bid. Abigail Goslin and Ema Donlagic of Belmont helped pace the Eagles’ offense with three shots apiece on goal.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NCAA Baseball: Penmen win again - 0
- College Baseball: Mathieu, FPU cruise in NCAAs - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU rolls in NCAA opener - 0
- College Baseball: DWC stays alive in NCAAs - 0
- Penmen set sights on return to NCAA Div. II World Series - 0
- Daniel Webster nine loses NCAA test - 0
- NH College Roundup: DWC baseball team begins NCAAs today - 0
- Franklin Pierce University plays in regional opener; SNHU has night game - 0
- College Baseball: KSC nine ousted - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Manchester alderman urges review of police phone use - 12
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 0
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 2
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack