In this weekend's Sunday News
Dr. Terry Bennett describes how a hand-built HonorÚ Wagner BMW Post War Race Car, which was used in races around 1951, has come to life after a little hard work. It's among the cars, furniture, toys and other unique items up for auction at his home in Rollinsford on Sept. 21 . (JOHN QUINN/UNION LEADER CORRESPONDENT)
Wheels on the block
Over the past several decades, Terry Bennett has gathered an impressive lineup of classic cars, including a one-off hand-built HonorÚ Wagner BMW Post War Race Car, a 1925 Lancia Roadster, a 1929 Franklin seven-passenger sedan and a 1930 Cadillac. The 74-year-old physician will be selling off most of his collection — worth an estimated $8 million — during a two-day sale this month at his Rollinsford home.
A matter of rights
If a woman becomes pregnant as a result of a sexual assault, can the rapist claim parental rights after the child is born? The state Legislature addressed the question during its last session and will do so again in the next one if a pro-choice lawmaker has anything to say about it. If you think the answer is easy, you might want to give it more thought. We'll explain.
Manchester-Boston Regional Airport — once the nation’s fastest growing airport — has lost 44 percent of its flights over the past five years, nearly three times the national average, according to an industry group. Call it a collision of forces: a deep national recession, high jet fuel costs and a contracting aviation industry.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 2
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 0
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- Nurse said Exeter Hospital is making her a ‘scapegoat’ in hepatitis case - 0
- Derry council defends officials' purchases - 0
- Nashua librarian reports E-books flying off virtual shelves - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Milford team wins seatbelt challenge
Bruins seek repeat effort and complete sweep
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands