Two arrested in Salem gas station robbery
SALEM — Two local men were arrested in connection with a robbery at a BP gas station on Lowell Road on late Friday, police said.
Zachary Pintal, 19, was charged with robbery, simple assault and receiving stolen property.
Brett Kearley, 20, was charged with accomplice to robbery and receiving stolen property.
Both refused the services of a bail commissioner and were being held with no bail until their arraignments Monday.
Police said one man punched a store clerk in the head and a scuffle broke out, authorities said. The man reached under the counter and stole an unknown amount of cigarette and tobacco products around 10:30 p.m. He and another man left the store.
Police about an hour after the robbery arrested the men outside one of their apartment buildings off Cluff Crossing Road.
► Click here to see video of the robbery, furnished by the Salem Police.
Salem » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mind your (flea-market) manners - 0
- A great day for a road race - 0
- Fishermen say lie-detector test keeps Winni Derby honest - 0
- Some Winni Derby fishermen report seeing smaller catches - 0
- Tour de Breakfast fuels about 466 who bicycled, walked to work - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks - A scary spring sight: Dogs hanging out of open car windows - 0
- Hancock trio creates book to help rescue pet birds - 0
- Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Mixing business and pleasure while in Maine - 0
- A Family Promise holding talent search for fall fundraiser - 0
Mind your (flea-market) manners
Hooksett Police Commission walks away
A great day for a road race