Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Manchester police investigate stabbing at car wash
MANCHESTER — A 25-year-old man was stabbed early Wednesday morning as he was cleaning out his car at a South Willow Street car wash, according to police.
The man, identified by police as Thomas Stokes of Manchester, went home after the incident but, realizing he needed medical attention, then went to Catholic Medical Center to be treated for a stab wound to the stomach.
Police learned of the stabbing about 3:30 a.m., three hours after it happened, when hospital personnel called them.
Stokes told investigators he pulled his car into one of the bays at Kerner’s Car Wash about 12:30 a.m. Wednesday. He decided to clean out the trash in his car before starting the wash and as he was doing that a man grabbed him from behind. Stokes head-butted the man in an effort to free himself and police said the assailant stabbed him once in the abdomen.
The attacker ran off, heading east through the lot.
He is described as a dark-skinned Hispanic man, about 5-foot-8 with a thin build. He had short dark hair and wore a dark bandanna over the lower portion of his face. He also wore a dark-colored crew neck sweatshirt and dark-colored sweatpants with bright red Nike sneakers.
Anyone with information about the stabbing is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive in Manchester shooting, stabbing cases caught by Marshals, police - 0
- Hampton Falls standoff suspect linked to burglaries, fake-cop ploy - 0
- Woman charged in fatal Hampton crash wants blood-test thrown out of court - 1
- Home confinement rejected for ex-Derry town employee - 1
- Manchester man arrested for aggravated drunk driving - 0
- Manchester Crime Watch: Fugitive in shooting, stabbing cases brought to court - 0
- Homeless man faces DWI charges in Dover - 0
- Amherst couple charged in sale of lost wedding ring - 0
- Donation jar thief said to be Bay State man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Boston Red Sox hammer Jays for seven runs in 11th, win 11-7 - 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 1
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 1
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917