Home » News » Public Safety
Car hits motorcycle, injures man
MANCHESTER — A motorcyclist suffered a serious but not life-threatening leg injury in an accident at Elm and Dow streets Friday afternoon.
Police said a car driven by a woman identified as Coleen Melcher was making a left turn onto Elm Street from Dow when her car hit a motorcycle driven by Lee Simons. Hometowns of the two operators were not available.
Simons suffered serious injuries to his left leg and was taken to the Elliot Hospital for treatment.
Alcohol and speed were not factors in the accident, police said. It is under investigation by the police collision reconstruction unit.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 6
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- House votes on minimum wage, lobsters, bar hours - 0
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 0
- NH Senate removes student IDs as indisputable ID for voting - 0
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 0
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 1
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 2
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 5
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 13
License revocations for DWI announced