LA Kings assign 15 to Manchester Monarchs roster
The Los Angeles Kings assigned 15 players to the Manchester Monarchs on Friday. Several more players could be end up in Manchester if the NHL lockout goes into effect tonight.
Players assigned on Friday were: goalies J.F. Berube and Martin Jones, forwards Andy Andreoff, Robbie Czarnik, Brandon Kozun, Andrei Loktionov, Jordan Nolan, Brian O'Neill, Tanner Pearson, Nikolay Prokhorkin, Tyler Toffoli, Linden Vey and Jordan Weal and defensemen David Kolomatis and Nick Deslauriers.
According to Rich Hammond of lakingsinsider.com, three other players, David Meckler, Stefan Legein and Andrew Bodnarchuk, were placed on waivers and if they clear will play in Manchester.
Several other key players will be effected by the impending lockout, among them captain Marc-Andre Cliche, Rich Clune, Andrew Campbell, Jake Muzzin and Thomas Hickey.
Those players would reportedly have to sign an AHL-only contract in order to play with the Monarchs during the lockout.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 1
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- AL East looks loaded again in 2014 - 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Belichick’s magic act worthy of honor - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Dolphins seeking AFC wild card - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: The book on Bennett - 1
- NHIAA wrestling at Manchester - 0
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 2
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 1
Sales of new limited edition ‘Old Man’ liquor bottles will help fund Hall of Flags restoration projectREADER COMMENTS: 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840