Home » Sports » College Sports
College Football: Dartmouth rolls over Butler
Dartmouth left little doubt that it was ready to play Saturday night despite being the nation's last Division I football program to begin its season.
It took the Big Green exactly 14 seconds to put points on the board in a 35-7 home victory over Butler under the lights in Hanover.
Miles Gay took the opening kick and ran 85 yards to put Dartmouth up 6-0. Dominick Pierre rumbled in from seven yards out midway through the first and Riley Lyons' kick made it 14-0.
Butler's Matt Lancaster connected with Derek O'Connor from five yards out to cut it to 14-7 with 8:05 gone in the second.
Sophomore quarterback Alex Park, who transferred over the summer from UNH, regained the two-score lead for Dartmouth when he hit Michael Reilly with a 24 yard strike with 19 seconds remaining in the half.
The Big Green (1-0) added touchdowns in each of the final two quarters. Park scored on a one yard quarterback keeper in the third and Pierre blasted his way in from one yard out in the fourth.
Pierre finished with 170 yards on 26 carries with two touchdowns. His longest run of the game went for 31 yards. Park was efficient connecting on 15-of-20 passes for 184 yards and one touchdown with no interceptions. Reilly had four catches for 92 yards and the touchdown.
Butler was led by wide receiver O'Connor's nine catches for 164 yards and a touchdown. Quarterback Matt Lancaster hit on 25-of-35 passes for 267 yards with a touchdown and no interceptions.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NCAA Baseball: Penmen win again - 0
- College Baseball: Mathieu, FPU cruise in NCAAs - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU rolls in NCAA opener - 0
- College Baseball: DWC stays alive in NCAAs - 0
- Penmen set sights on return to NCAA Div. II World Series - 0
- Daniel Webster nine loses NCAA test - 0
- NH College Roundup: DWC baseball team begins NCAAs today - 0
- Franklin Pierce University plays in regional opener; SNHU has night game - 0
- College Baseball: KSC nine ousted - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Chester police investigating possible home invasion - 0
- Intruder, a burglar, and attempted break-in keep Manchester police busy - 0
- Afterschool activities canceled in Jaffrey - 0
- Banker convicted of fraud in scheme involving press maker exec - 0
- Mass. man charged in Nashua hit-and-run - 0
- Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 1
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Memorial Day Observances 2013