Home » Sports » College Sports
College Football: Dartmouth rolls over Butler
Dartmouth left little doubt that it was ready to play Saturday night despite being the nation's last Division I football program to begin its season.
It took the Big Green exactly 14 seconds to put points on the board in a 35-7 home victory over Butler under the lights in Hanover.
Miles Gay took the opening kick and ran 85 yards to put Dartmouth up 6-0. Dominick Pierre rumbled in from seven yards out midway through the first and Riley Lyons' kick made it 14-0.
Butler's Matt Lancaster connected with Derek O'Connor from five yards out to cut it to 14-7 with 8:05 gone in the second.
Sophomore quarterback Alex Park, who transferred over the summer from UNH, regained the two-score lead for Dartmouth when he hit Michael Reilly with a 24 yard strike with 19 seconds remaining in the half.
The Big Green (1-0) added touchdowns in each of the final two quarters. Park scored on a one yard quarterback keeper in the third and Pierre blasted his way in from one yard out in the fourth.
Pierre finished with 170 yards on 26 carries with two touchdowns. His longest run of the game went for 31 yards. Park was efficient connecting on 15-of-20 passes for 184 yards and one touchdown with no interceptions. Reilly had four catches for 92 yards and the touchdown.
Butler was led by wide receiver O'Connor's nine catches for 164 yards and a touchdown. Quarterback Matt Lancaster hit on 25-of-35 passes for 267 yards with a touchdown and no interceptions.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Angry birds clash - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Wildcats defeat Maine to advance - 1
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- SNHU wins national title - 1
- UNH fires coach McCloskey over 'incident of inappropriate physical contact with a player' - 0
- UNH No. 18 in USCHO.com poll - 0
- Since Day 1, a focus on excellence for Penmen - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false