Home » Sports » College Sports
College Football: Dartmouth rolls over Butler
Dartmouth left little doubt that it was ready to play Saturday night despite being the nation's last Division I football program to begin its season.
It took the Big Green exactly 14 seconds to put points on the board in a 35-7 home victory over Butler under the lights in Hanover.
Miles Gay took the opening kick and ran 85 yards to put Dartmouth up 6-0. Dominick Pierre rumbled in from seven yards out midway through the first and Riley Lyons' kick made it 14-0.
Butler's Matt Lancaster connected with Derek O'Connor from five yards out to cut it to 14-7 with 8:05 gone in the second.
Sophomore quarterback Alex Park, who transferred over the summer from UNH, regained the two-score lead for Dartmouth when he hit Michael Reilly with a 24 yard strike with 19 seconds remaining in the half.
The Big Green (1-0) added touchdowns in each of the final two quarters. Park scored on a one yard quarterback keeper in the third and Pierre blasted his way in from one yard out in the fourth.
Pierre finished with 170 yards on 26 carries with two touchdowns. His longest run of the game went for 31 yards. Park was efficient connecting on 15-of-20 passes for 184 yards and one touchdown with no interceptions. Reilly had four catches for 92 yards and the touchdown.
Butler was led by wide receiver O'Connor's nine catches for 164 yards and a touchdown. Quarterback Matt Lancaster hit on 25-of-35 passes for 267 yards with a touchdown and no interceptions.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Exeter teachers were kids' favorites - 6
- Jury overrules panel, awards malpractice verdict in son's death - 21
- Judge continues case against Keene parking meter 'Robin Hoods' - 35
- Teen told no fish story: He's the official derby winner - 0
- Pembroke man's family stunned by his shooting by Manchester police - 0
- New Conway library director coming from Manchester - 0
- Updated: Old Epping cemetery disturbed - 0
- Naturalization ceremony welcomes 26 new Americans - 1
- Pinkerton students pause to remember Lt. Paul DeMeo - 1
READER COMMENTS: 5
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 2
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 4
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 1
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?