Skier Bode Miller engaged to volleyball's Morgan Beck
';I have found the one! And convinced her to marry me,'; he said in his Tweet, which included a photo of a diamond ring.
A later Tweet said, ';It was a process @MorganEBeck is hard to convince. I'm super excited!';
According to the Reuters news service, Beck, 25, planned to move from her home in San Diego to a yacht purchased by Miller, she said on her blog this month.
The 34-year-old New Hampshire native was born in Easton and grew up in Franconia. One of the responses to his engagement Tweet read, ';Congrats!! Ceremony at Cannon or Kitzbühel ;)?';
';He learned to ski at Cannon Mountain and he was a member of the Franconia Ski Club,'; said Greg Keeler, marketing director for Cannon Mountain and Franconia Notch State Park. ';He's a Cannon kid.';
Miller returns to Cannon every year for Bodefest, a fundraiser for the Turtle Ridge Foundation run by his sister, Kyla Miller, which supports local adaptive sports programs.
';He's the hometown hero,'; Keeler said. ';We're happy for him here at Cannon.';
Miller, known for his high-risk style of skiing, won the World Cup in 2005 and 2008. He also won two silver medals in the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympics and a gold, silver and bronze in the 2010 Vancouver Olympics. A knee injury forced Miller from the World Cup tour in February.
Miller has a 4-year-old daughter from a previous relationship.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.