Skier Bode Miller engaged to volleyball's Morgan Beck
Olympic and world-champion alpine skier Bode Miller today announced his engagement to 25-year-old professional volleyball player and model Morgan Beck on his official Twitter account.
“I have found the one! And convinced her to marry me,” he said in his Tweet, which included a photo of a diamond ring.
A later Tweet said, “It was a process @MorganEBeck is hard to convince. I'm super excited!”
According to the Reuters news service, Beck, 25, planned to move from her home in San Diego to a yacht purchased by Miller, she said on her blog this month.
The 34-year-old New Hampshire native was born in Easton and grew up in Franconia. One of the responses to his engagement Tweet read, “Congrats!! Ceremony at Cannon or KitzbŘhel ;)?”
“He learned to ski at Cannon Mountain and he was a member of the Franconia Ski Club,” said Greg Keeler, marketing director for Cannon Mountain and Franconia Notch State Park. “He's a Cannon kid.”
Miller returns to Cannon every year for Bodefest, a fundraiser for the Turtle Ridge Foundation run by his sister, Kyla Miller, which supports local adaptive sports programs.
“He's the hometown hero,” Keeler said. “We're happy for him here at Cannon.”
Miller, known for his high-risk style of skiing, won the World Cup in 2005 and 2008. He also won two silver medals in the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympics and a gold, silver and bronze in the 2010 Vancouver Olympics. A knee injury forced Miller from the World Cup tour in February.
Miller has a 4-year-old daughter from a previous relationship.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Flags should be half-staff Monday, Thursday for holiday - 0
- Two seriously injured in head-on crash in Bedford - 0
- Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Nongame, Endangered Wildlife Program turns 25 - 0
- North Country open for business - 0
- To get away, they come to NH - 0
- Win tickets to see American Idol Live! - 0
- Bach's Lunch Series Concludes in June with Music of Night and Nature - 0
- Open House at Owl Brook Hunter Education Center on June 1 - 0
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease
Win tickets to see American Idol Live!
North Country open for business
To get away, they come to NH
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions
The casino vote: The House did its duty