Home » News » Public Safety
Goffstown to spray for West Nile Thursday
GOFFSTOWN – Residents are asked to stay away from town parks and other areas later this week as workers spray to control adult mosquitoes, officials said.
Spraying will take place Thursday evening at Barnard Park, Roy Park, Sarette Fields and Lions Fields, Goffstown High School, Mountain View Middle School, Villa Augustina School and St. Anselm College, from 5:30 to 10 p.m.
No one can be present during the spraying, and the sites will be closed from 5:30 p.m. Thursday until 5 a.m. Friday.
West Nile Virus and Eastern Equine Encephalitis (EEE) have been found in mosquitoes caught in Rockingham and Hillsborough counties.
The insecticides Anvil 10+10 (sumithrin 10%), and CrossCheck (bifenthrin 7.9%) will be used. Spraying will be achieved using backpack sprayers and a truck-mounted sprayer.
No townwide road spraying is scheduled.
Residents may call 734-4144 for more information regarding spray dates, times, locations, insecticides, precautions, West Nile Virus, EEE and other concerns.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 1
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
READER COMMENTS: 23
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: House votes to ban lead sinkers and jigs an ounce or under - 10
- Threats at Goffstown High ‘not credible’ - 0
- Updated: House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 9
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 3
License revocations for DWI announced
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs