Franconia's Miller announces engagement via Twitter
This Feb. 21, 2010, file photo shows Bode Miller, of the United States, during a news conference after winning the gold medal in the Men's super-combined, at the Vancouver 2010 Olympics in Whistler, British Columbia, Canada. Fresh off a successful Olympics, Bode Miller is back for another World Cup season and unlike a year ago he's entering with a full summer of training behind him. ((AP Photo/Sergey Ponomarev, File))
Alpine skier Bode Miller announced Tuesday his engagement to 25-year-old professional volleyball player and model Morgan Beck on his official Twitter account.
“I have found the one! And convinced her to marry me,” he said in his tweet, which included a photo of a diamond ring.
A later tweet said, “It was a process @MorganEBeck is hard to convince. I'm super excited!”
According to the Reuters news service, Beck, 25, planned to move from her home in San Diego to a yacht purchased by Miller.
Miller is a 34-year-old New Hampshire native born in Easton. He grew up in Franconia. One of the responses to his engagement tweet read, “Congrats!! Ceremony at Cannon or KitzbŘhel ;)?”
“He learned to ski at Cannon Mountain and he was a member of the Franconia Ski Club,” said Greg Keeler, marketing director for Cannon Mountain and Franconia Notch State Park. “He's a Cannon kid.”
Miller returns to Cannon every year for Bodefest, a fundraiser for the Turtle Ridge Foundation run by his sister, Kyla Miller, which supports local adaptive sports programs.
“He's the hometown hero,” Keeler said. “We're happy for him here at Cannon.”
Miller won the World Cup in 2005 and 2008.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pelham High nurse named School Nurse of the Year - 0
- MAKE SURE IT'S ME Opens at West End Studio Theatre - 0
- Harmonica Master James Cotton forced to postpone May 25 Londonderry Performance - 0
- Group continues effort to expand Cotton Valley Trail in Broofield - 0
- For Bedford girl, exploring the world in geography bee a ‘great thing to do’ - 0
- Loon Mountain Resort Unleashes New Obstacles for July 13 Monster Mud Run - 0
- Location Change for N.H. Fish and Game Commission Meeting June 12 - 0
- Jim Beauregard's Tasting Notes: Samuel Adams makes its can debut - 0
- Parents can plan ahead, model healthful habits... and not stress out - 0
Reviving the Piscataqua River Wherry
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs