Franconia's Miller announces engagement via Twitter
This Feb. 21, 2010, file photo shows Bode Miller, of the United States, during a news conference after winning the gold medal in the Men's super-combined, at the Vancouver 2010 Olympics in Whistler, British Columbia, Canada. Fresh off a successful Olympics, Bode Miller is back for another World Cup season and unlike a year ago he's entering with a full summer of training behind him. ((AP Photo/Sergey Ponomarev, File))
Alpine skier Bode Miller announced Tuesday his engagement to 25-year-old professional volleyball player and model Morgan Beck on his official Twitter account.
“I have found the one! And convinced her to marry me,” he said in his tweet, which included a photo of a diamond ring.
A later tweet said, “It was a process @MorganEBeck is hard to convince. I'm super excited!”
According to the Reuters news service, Beck, 25, planned to move from her home in San Diego to a yacht purchased by Miller.
Miller is a 34-year-old New Hampshire native born in Easton. He grew up in Franconia. One of the responses to his engagement tweet read, “Congrats!! Ceremony at Cannon or KitzbŘhel ;)?”
“He learned to ski at Cannon Mountain and he was a member of the Franconia Ski Club,” said Greg Keeler, marketing director for Cannon Mountain and Franconia Notch State Park. “He's a Cannon kid.”
Miller returns to Cannon every year for Bodefest, a fundraiser for the Turtle Ridge Foundation run by his sister, Kyla Miller, which supports local adaptive sports programs.
“He's the hometown hero,” Keeler said. “We're happy for him here at Cannon.”
Miller won the World Cup in 2005 and 2008.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Here comes the sun' – Summer Season at the Casino Ballroom - 0
- Weekend Top 10 Planner - 0
- James 'Superharp' Cotton bring blues to Tupelo - 0
- Strawbery Banke Museum pays tribute to military past and present - 0
- Newmont Military Band conjures sights, sounds of earlier century - 0
- Trial lawyers recount Whitey Bulger case, 'Departed' film screened at Red Rivers - 0
- It's a bard-worthy ShakesBEERience - 0
- Hundreds of Monadnock Region students team with professional musicians - 0
- Dartmouth musicians tackle 'Mahler boot camp' - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Weekend Top 10 Planner
New Hampshire Club News