Goffstown plans spraying for mosquitoes in public areas
GOFFSTOWN — Residents are asked to stay away from town parks and other areas as it sprays to control adult mosquitoes, officials said.
Spraying will take place Thursday evening at Barnard Park, Roy Park, Sarette Fields and Lions Fields, Goffstown High School, Mountain View Middle School, Villa Augustina School and St. Anselm College, from 5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
No one can be present during the spraying, and the sites are closed from 5:30 p.m. Thursday until 5 a.m. Friday.
West Nile Virus and Eastern Equine Encephalitis have been found in mosquitoes trapped in Rockingham and Hillsborough counties.
The insecticides Anvil 10+10 (sumithrin 10 percent), and CrossCheck (bifenthrin 7.9 percent) will be used. Spraying will be achieved using backpack sprayers and a truck mounted sprayer.
No townwide road spraying is scheduled.
Residents can call the 734-4144 for further information regarding spray dates, times, locations, insecticides, precautions, West Nile Virus, EEE and other concerns.
Goffstown » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pelham High nurse named School Nurse of the Year - 0
- MAKE SURE IT'S ME Opens at West End Studio Theatre - 0
- Harmonica Master James Cotton forced to postpone May 25 Londonderry Performance - 0
- Our Gourmet: A touch of mystery, flavors of the Orient at Soho in Hudson - 0
- Group continues effort to expand Cotton Valley Trail in Broofield - 0
- For Bedford girl, exploring the world in geography bee a ‘great thing to do’ - 0
- Loon Mountain Resort Unleashes New Obstacles for July 13 Monster Mud Run - 0
- Location Change for N.H. Fish and Game Commission Meeting June 12 - 0
- Jim Beauregard's Tasting Notes: Samuel Adams makes its can debut - 0
Reviving the Piscataqua River Wherry
Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs