Goffstown plans spraying for mosquitoes in public areas
GOFFSTOWN — Residents are asked to stay away from town parks and other areas as it sprays to control adult mosquitoes, officials said.
Spraying will take place Thursday evening at Barnard Park, Roy Park, Sarette Fields and Lions Fields, Goffstown High School, Mountain View Middle School, Villa Augustina School and St. Anselm College, from 5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
No one can be present during the spraying, and the sites are closed from 5:30 p.m. Thursday until 5 a.m. Friday.
West Nile Virus and Eastern Equine Encephalitis have been found in mosquitoes trapped in Rockingham and Hillsborough counties.
The insecticides Anvil 10+10 (sumithrin 10 percent), and CrossCheck (bifenthrin 7.9 percent) will be used. Spraying will be achieved using backpack sprayers and a truck mounted sprayer.
No townwide road spraying is scheduled.
Residents can call the 734-4144 for further information regarding spray dates, times, locations, insecticides, precautions, West Nile Virus, EEE and other concerns.
Goffstown » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- To get away, they come to NH - 0
- Win tickets to see American Idol Live! - 0
- Bach's Lunch Series Concludes in June with Music of Night and Nature - 0
- Open House at Owl Brook Hunter Education Center on June 1 - 0
- From middle school to Middle Ages in Windham - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host classic car show - 0
- Book tells story of wife's battle with cancer - 1
- Grantham man is Geospatial Hall of Famer - 0
- Evidence challenged in Craigslist sex extortion case - 0
Lizzie borden took an axe ... or did she?
North Country open for business
To get away, they come to NH
Many in Salem disappointed by casino vote
From middle school to Middle Ages in Windham
Goffstown police sergeant fights suspension
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
State’s stand-your-ground law intact
Casino vote stirs emotions on both sides