Home » News » Public Safety
Infant car accident victim remains in hospital
MANCHESTER — The infant thrown from a pickup truck in a Sunday morning highway accident suffers from blood in the brain area and will be in the hospital for several more days, New Hampshire State Police said Tuesday
The girl, who also suffered a broken arm, was one of three people injured in the accident, which happened on Interstate 93 in Manchester.
State police have refused to name the 3-month-old. Police did say that her mother is Elizabeth Ponce, 21, another passenger in the pickup.
She suffered a broken shoulder and was expected to be released from the hospital Tuesday.
The driver, Guillermo Pacheco-Marquez, 22, remains in the hospital with several fractured vertabrae, a fractured sternum and fluid in a lung, police said.
Police said the accident, which took place when Pacheco-Marquez swerved his vehicle to avoid a collision, remains under investigation. They said charges are pending.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 0
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 6
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Driving lesson turns into car accident in Laconia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- FBI agent kills Florida man with suspected ties to Marathon bombing - 1
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 0
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 8
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 2
- White Sox lefty Quintana shuts down Red Sox - 0
- Manchester mayor to oversee economic development office - 1
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 21 - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford rolls in NHIAA tennis tournament opener - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Manchester police seek Food Mart robber
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs