Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
Cards' Carpenter has unusual surgery keepsake
Now this is some kind of souvenir.
Cardinals pitcher Chris Carpenter, who had one of his right ribs removed in surgery earlier this season, gave the rib to his 7-year-old daughter, Ava.
The New Hampshire-bred pitcher told Fox Sports Midwest she had asked for a memento of his hospital stay.
“(The rib) is actually in one of my cabinets in my bathroom,” Carpenter said. “I’m still trying to figure out what we’re going to do with it. It’s probably smelling really good. It’s in a jar with some of that solution. It was pretty gross, actually.
“My daughter asked me to bring something back from the hospital and she said ‘your rib.’ So I brought my rib back. Fortunately the doctor gave it to me and allowed me to take it home.
“I’m sure we’ll do something with it ... Make a necklace or bracelets or something. We haven’t figured that out yet.”
Carpenter is schduled to make his first start of the season Friday against the Chicago Cubs.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 1
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 2
- Divisions still under discussion - 1
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats' fortunes at Maine may rest with the big guys - 0
- Monarchs continue their battle of the Atlantic - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 1
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 3
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 9
- Reams threatens to sue county commissioners - 7
- Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend - 9
- Vehicle stops in Manchester yield 3 drug arrests - 2
- Pelham had employed finance head charged with embezzlement - 0
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
Nashua hero up for Carnegie award
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Scott Brown still weighing options