In this weekend's Sunday News
We salute volunteers
The New Hampshire Sunday News this weekend looks at the work of volunteers across the state. Special pages contained inside the newspaper will highlight the work of volunteers, and we will list events and opportunities for those who'd like to get involved. Featured will be information about the recipients of 2012 Spirit of New Hampshire awards, who will be honored at a special event in Concord on Oct. 18.
New line of defense
Criminal defense attorneys say jurors routinely will be told that they have the right to find someone innocent even if the state proves its case, now that New Hampshire has passed a law allowing lawyers to raise the issue.
LaBelle Winery started producing wines commercially in 2005 in a barn behind the owners' house. Next month, the company plans to open an 11-acre winery, retail and event facility in Amherst, where it will increase production from 18,000 to ultimately 60,000 gallons per year as it expands distribution beyond New England. In Business
NASCAR in NH
We'll be in Loudon this weekend to bring you all the twists and turns of Saturday's NASCAR racing and the lead-up to the Sylvania 300 Sprint Cup contest on Sunday. Don't miss a thing.
Highland Games fun
The 37th New Hampshire Highland Games & Festival will be held from Friday to Sunday at Loon Mountain in Lincoln. The gathering of the Scottish clans will feature international Scottish athletics competitions; sheepdog trials; Celtic music concerts; and contests among fiddle players, highland dancers and Scottish harpists, to name a handful. Look for our coverage.
Dennis Quaid will be on the small screen this fall in “Vegas.'' Meet him and other actors, authors and musicians whose projects will be making news soon. Also, it's National Rice Month (who knew?). In honor of the occasion, we'll show you how to whip up five delicious recipes.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford Bible study group to meet on Sept. 10 - 0
- Hundreds attend Mass for slain journalist from NH - 1
- St. George Greek Orthodox pastor heads west - 0
- Pope calls Foleys to offer his condolences - 0
- Inaugural organ concert at Wolfeboro church Aug. 27 - 0
- Knights of Columbus assists with Manchester church renovations - 0
- Religion calendar for NH, beginning Aug. 21 - 0
- St. Luke parish in Plaistow to hold yard sale - 0
- Manchester educator explores history of anti-semitism and the Holocaust - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Weekly brother gave police wrong name