H.S. Sports Roundup: Simon leads Derryfield
Everett Simon had a hat trick as Derryfield of Manchester rebounded to beat host Mascenic of New Ipswich, 6-0, in boys’ soccer on Thursday.
Simon wasted no time getting Derryfield (6-1) back on track. He scored in the second, fourth and 27th minutes to lead the Cougars to a 4-0 halftime lead. Matt Milne had two goals and an assist for Derryfield. Mascenic dropped to 3-5.
Hopkinton 3, Kearsarge 0: Doug Fleury notched a goal and an assist and Rob Ferguson had four saves as Hopkinton (7-0) topped Kearsarge (3-5) in North Sutton.
Medalist Taylor Simpson shot a hole-in-one to lead Londonderry past a trio of teams at Atkinson Country Club on Thursday. Simpson aced the third hole and finished with a 35. Londonderry (204) beat Keene, Timberlane and Concord.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford wrestlers top Goffstown - 0
- Central builds early lead, beats Pinkerton - 0
- Pinkerton, Memorial deadlock - 0
- Concord's Law is Athlete of the Month - 0
- Indoor track results - 0
- Central-Trinity: It's time - 2
- Trinity, BG skaters open with victories - 0
- Central vs. Trinity: 'competition, not warfare' - 5
- NHIAA preview: Boys' ice hockey races appear to be wide open - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 5
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child