H.S. Sports Roundup: Simon leads Derryfield
Everett Simon had a hat trick as Derryfield of Manchester rebounded to beat host Mascenic of New Ipswich, 6-0, in boys’ soccer on Thursday.
Simon wasted no time getting Derryfield (6-1) back on track. He scored in the second, fourth and 27th minutes to lead the Cougars to a 4-0 halftime lead. Matt Milne had two goals and an assist for Derryfield. Mascenic dropped to 3-5.
Hopkinton 3, Kearsarge 0: Doug Fleury notched a goal and an assist and Rob Ferguson had four saves as Hopkinton (7-0) topped Kearsarge (3-5) in North Sutton.
Medalist Taylor Simpson shot a hole-in-one to lead Londonderry past a trio of teams at Atkinson Country Club on Thursday. Simpson aced the third hole and finished with a 35. Londonderry (204) beat Keene, Timberlane and Concord.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown team to beat in NHIAA Div. II baseball tourney - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford rolls in NHIAA tennis tournament opener - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Londonderry’s double threat - 0
- Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone - 0
- John Habib's High School Track: North boys loom as favorites in Division I meet - 0
- Londonderry blanks Exeter for third shutout in a row - 0
- NHIAA Division I baseball tourney picture about to become clear - 1
- NHIAA Tennis: Bedford is championship-focused - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Hanover's Cravero hurls another no-hitter - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 0
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 5
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 29
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands