H.S. Sports Roundup: Simon leads Derryfield
Everett Simon had a hat trick as Derryfield of Manchester rebounded to beat host Mascenic of New Ipswich, 6-0, in boys’ soccer on Thursday.
Simon wasted no time getting Derryfield (6-1) back on track. He scored in the second, fourth and 27th minutes to lead the Cougars to a 4-0 halftime lead. Matt Milne had two goals and an assist for Derryfield. Mascenic dropped to 3-5.
Hopkinton 3, Kearsarge 0: Doug Fleury notched a goal and an assist and Rob Ferguson had four saves as Hopkinton (7-0) topped Kearsarge (3-5) in North Sutton.
Medalist Taylor Simpson shot a hole-in-one to lead Londonderry past a trio of teams at Atkinson Country Club on Thursday. Simpson aced the third hole and finished with a 35. Londonderry (204) beat Keene, Timberlane and Concord.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: A man of the streets helped set up a haven for those who need it most - 1
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Life isn't what it used to be for ER worker injured in attack involving mentally ill man - 1
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: A sewer for the century - 0
- Manchester aims to end junk king's reign - 11
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester slow to get the lead out - 5
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: These players got game – for foosball - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Reclaiming Manchester's parks - 3
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Doing the work, making a difference - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: A simple man wills $176k to 5 city charities - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 1
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 0
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
A chief walks: No charges in New London
Big tipper stops for lunch