H.S. Sports Roundup: Simon leads Derryfield
Everett Simon had a hat trick as Derryfield of Manchester rebounded to beat host Mascenic of New Ipswich, 6-0, in boys’ soccer on Thursday.
Simon wasted no time getting Derryfield (6-1) back on track. He scored in the second, fourth and 27th minutes to lead the Cougars to a 4-0 halftime lead. Matt Milne had two goals and an assist for Derryfield. Mascenic dropped to 3-5.
Hopkinton 3, Kearsarge 0: Doug Fleury notched a goal and an assist and Rob Ferguson had four saves as Hopkinton (7-0) topped Kearsarge (3-5) in North Sutton.
Medalist Taylor Simpson shot a hole-in-one to lead Londonderry past a trio of teams at Atkinson Country Club on Thursday. Simpson aced the third hole and finished with a 35. Londonderry (204) beat Keene, Timberlane and Concord.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- NHIAA track meets rescheduled to Sunday - 0
- High School Lacrosse: Trinity a pushover no longer - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Santos hits milestone in BG girls’ lacrosse win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- Milford's Morgan Andrews named Gatorade NationalGirls Soccer Player of the Year - 0
- Goffstown team to beat in NHIAA Div. II baseball tourney - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford rolls in NHIAA tennis tournament opener - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Londonderry’s double threat - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Will House, Senate continue the feud? - 1
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: City down to the wire on school budget, superintendent - 0
- Service planned for mother of Newtown school shooter - 0
- ENH Power parent firm accused of false advertising - 0
- Soldier from Pelham remembered for self-sacrifice - 0
- New Hampshire energy suppliers announce new alliance - 0
- Mont Vernon murder mastermind drops appeal, citing 'personal and moral' reasons - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Are B's destiny's darlings? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Lackey's performance key for Sox - 0
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions