H.S. Sports Roundup: Simon leads Derryfield
Everett Simon had a hat trick as Derryfield of Manchester rebounded to beat host Mascenic of New Ipswich, 6-0, in boys’ soccer on Thursday.
Simon wasted no time getting Derryfield (6-1) back on track. He scored in the second, fourth and 27th minutes to lead the Cougars to a 4-0 halftime lead. Matt Milne had two goals and an assist for Derryfield. Mascenic dropped to 3-5.
Hopkinton 3, Kearsarge 0: Doug Fleury notched a goal and an assist and Rob Ferguson had four saves as Hopkinton (7-0) topped Kearsarge (3-5) in North Sutton.
Medalist Taylor Simpson shot a hole-in-one to lead Londonderry past a trio of teams at Atkinson Country Club on Thursday. Simpson aced the third hole and finished with a 35. Londonderry (204) beat Keene, Timberlane and Concord.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Nashua elementary teacher honored for real-world lessons - 1
- Elementary students in Farmington offered seven habits of healthy kids - 0
- Afterschool activities canceled in Jaffrey - 0
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 15
- Texting + driving = deadly consequences - 0
- Deerfield teacher honored by national science organization - 0
- Institute of Art graduates its largest class in Manchester - 0
- UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos - 23
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
READER COMMENTS: 5
- Updated: NH House defies Hassan, kills casino bill by 35-vote margin - 16
- Threats at Goffstown High ‘not credible’ - 0
- House votes to ban lead sinkers and jigs an ounce or under - 8
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 9
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 3
License revocations for DWI announced
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs