June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Former alderman sends check and apology to woman
MANCHESTER — Former alderman Russ Ouellette has written a $20,000 check to the woman he groped while giving her a ride home from a downtown bar.
Ouellette also wrote a three-paragraph letter of apology to the unnamed woman. Copies of the letter and check were released by her attorney, Alderman Joe Kelly Levasseur.
Ouellette resigned in late June, after his arrest on several misdemeanor charges stemming from the June 12 incident. The woman, who accepted his offer for a ride home from Raxx Billiards, told police Oullette had touched her breast and put his fingers in her mouth as she ate a fast-food cheeseburger in his truck.
Ouellette eventually pleaded guilty to simple assault and avoided any jail time.
“My behavior, conversation and conduct toward you were all wrong,” Ouellette wrote in a letter dated Monday.
He said he has reassessed his life and has taken the first steps toward addressing his problem with alcohol. He asked for forgiveness, but added that he had no expectation she would do so immediately.
He also turned over a $20,000 check.
Levasseur said he had never filed suit on behalf of his client, but had one drafted and made a demand upon Dean Eggert, Ouellette’s attorney.
He said his client has not recovered fully from the car ride with Ouellette.
“She wants women to know they should not be afraid to stand up and fight,” Levasseur said.
- - - - - - - -
Mark Hayward may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigate cause of injuries to Seabrook family - 0
- Kingston man sentenced for sexually assaulting boy - 0
- Lancaster man, 24, indicted in alleged fight with police - 0
- Rochester woman arrested for alleged underage party - 0
- Jailed Danville man convicted for impersonating public defender - 0
- Nashua neighborhood shaken by elderly couple's murder - 1
- NH man killed ex-wife's husband, self, Vermont police say - 0
- Recent 'Fugitive of the Week' Michelle Smith captured in Nashua - 1
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Road to Recovery helps America's heroes - 0
- Valenti Modified Series back at it - 0
- Seabrook scores in OT to give Blackhawks win, series tie - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 28
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
Manipulating NH: Bloomberg and the terrorist
Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424