Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Hudson man pleads guilty to bank robbery
A Hudson man pleaded guilty on Wednesday in federal court to robbing a Bank of America in Bedford in May.
Kevin Geary, 28, entered his plea on one count of bank robbery in U.S. District Court. He will be sentenced Jan. 3 by Chief Justice Joseph LaPlante.
Federal prosecutors have not yet revealed what sentence they will argue for Geary. He faces a maximum sentence of up to 20 years in federal prison and up to a $250,000 fine.
Geary walked into the Bank of America on South River Road in Bedford on May 7 and remained on the lam for nearly a week until he was apprehended by a state trooper, according to police. Geary, dressed in a baseball cap and hooded sweatshirt, passed a note to a teller demanding cash and made off with an undisclosed sum of money, police said.
Police obtained an arrest warrant the next day and released a photo of him from bank surveillance footage.
State Trooper William Burke spotted Geary five days later while driving northbound on Interstate 93 in Manchester.
Geary was driving a stolen 1995 lime green Plymouth Neon that he used in the robbery as a getaway car, police said.
Burke pulled the car over about 12:05 p.m. on Interstate 293 north near Brown Avenue. Geary was arrested without incident.
At the time of his arrest, Geary also had an outstanding warrant for receiving stolen property. He has previous convictions for possession of heroin, two counts of theft and shoplifting from 2005, according to court records.
He received suspended sentences on all of those previous cases, court records say.
Geary was indicted by a federal grand jury in July on one count of bank robbery. He has remained jailed on $100,000 bail since his arrest.
- - - - - - - -
James A. Kimble may be reached at JKimble@newstote.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424