Schools earn National Blue Ribbons
Three New Hampshire schools were among 269 recognized nationally as 2012 National Blue Ribbon Schools based on their overall academic excellence or for making progress in improving student academic achievement levels.
U.S Secretary of Education Arne Duncan recognized the schools on Sept. 7, honoring Canterbury Elementary School and Memorial School in Bedford as being “Exemplary High Performing” schools as measured by state assessments or national testing.
Lisbon Regional Middle School was chosen as an “Exemplary Improving” school. At least 40 percent of the rural school’s K-12 students have disadvantaged backgrounds but the school still made the most progress in improving student achievement levels.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone - 0
- John Habib's High School Track: North boys loom as favorites in Division I meet - 0
- Londonderry blanks Exeter for third shutout in a row - 0
- NHIAA Division I baseball tourney picture about to become clear - 1
- NHIAA Tennis: Bedford is championship-focused - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Hanover's Cravero hurls another no-hitter - 0
- Memorial boys take city track meet for 10th straight year - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Pinkerton beats Trinity in key game - 0
- Kevin Gray's H.S. Lacrosse: It's not easy facing West - 0
READER COMMENTS: 23
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: House votes to ban lead sinkers and jigs an ounce or under - 10
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 5
- Threats at Goffstown High ‘not credible’ - 0
- Updated: House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 9
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands
- Should schools do more to police food and beverages consumed at school?
- Total Votes: 112