Schools earn National Blue Ribbons
Three New Hampshire schools were among 269 recognized nationally as 2012 National Blue Ribbon Schools based on their overall academic excellence or for making progress in improving student academic achievement levels.
U.S Secretary of Education Arne Duncan recognized the schools on Sept. 7, honoring Canterbury Elementary School and Memorial School in Bedford as being “Exemplary High Performing” schools as measured by state assessments or national testing.
Lisbon Regional Middle School was chosen as an “Exemplary Improving” school. At least 40 percent of the rural school’s K-12 students have disadvantaged backgrounds but the school still made the most progress in improving student achievement levels.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Deerfield teacher honored by national science organization - 0
- Institute of Art graduates its largest class in Manchester - 0
- UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos - 23
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
- UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice' - 0
- Stonyfield founder tells FPU grads to ask, 'Why not?' - 1
- Tiny Thomas More College class urged to be courageous - 0
- Lebanon College graduates 19 - 0
- Plymouth State speaker tells grads to 'Become agents of change' - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 0
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 5
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 5
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 7
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 4
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 3
- Derry marks a soldier's death - 1
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Derry marks a soldier's death
Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
Memorial Day Observances 2013
- Should schools do more to police food and beverages consumed at school?
- Total Votes: 112