Home » News » Public Safety
Speed linked to fatal crash in Sharon
SHARON — A Massachusetts teen is dead after he lost control of his car on Route 124 on Saturday and crashed into some woods.
Cody B. Ayotte, 18, of Fifth Street in Leominster, Mass., died after he crashed in 1985 Chevrolet Camaro around 6:30 p.m. Saturday. Peterborough Police Chief Scott Guinard, who is investigating the crash, said Sunday that speed appears to be a factor in the crash.
Ayotte was heading west on Route 124 when he crossed over to the eastbound lane to pass a line of cars. He then lost control of his car, went off the road, and crashed into a number of trees, Guinard said.
The accident remains under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fire destroys vacant Berlin building - 0
- NY man stable after destroying classic Porsche 911 in Route 16 wreck - 2
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Teen hurt in Amherst boating crash - 0
- Ceremony for fallen police officers honors service and sacrifice - 2
- Amtrak suspends New York-Boston service after two trains collide in Conn.; up to 60 hurt - 0
- Two hurt in Epping crash involving bus, five other vehicles - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester alderman urges review of police phone use - 9
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 11
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 1
- Gate City Musings: Mayor just keeps on spending - 0
- Nashua set to begin budget review - 1
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?