Home » News » Public Safety
Speed linked to fatal crash in Sharon
SHARON — A Massachusetts teen is dead after he lost control of his car on Route 124 on Saturday and crashed into some woods.
Cody B. Ayotte, 18, of Fifth Street in Leominster, Mass., died after he crashed in 1985 Chevrolet Camaro around 6:30 p.m. Saturday. Peterborough Police Chief Scott Guinard, who is investigating the crash, said Sunday that speed appears to be a factor in the crash.
Ayotte was heading west on Route 124 when he crossed over to the eastbound lane to pass a line of cars. He then lost control of his car, went off the road, and crashed into a number of trees, Guinard said.
The accident remains under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 78
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- Danville police chief pleads not guilty in firearms case - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 1
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 2
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?