Home » News » Public Safety
Milford hiker dies on Pack Monadnock Mountain
PETERBOROUGH - A 70-year-old unconscious hiker found early Sunday afternoon by another hiker on the Marion Davis Trail at Miller State Park,was a Milford man.
Robert W. Foster was found about 12:30 p.m. Sunday by another hiker who was descending the Marion Davis Trail, according to a state Fish and Game news release. Foster was unconscious and unresponsive and about a quarter-mile from the trail head on Pack Monadnock Mountain.
Emergency workers reached him at 12:55 p.m. and performed CPR but was unsuccessful and he died.
New Hampshire Fish and Game conservation officers, Temple/Greenville Police Department, the Temple Volunteer Fire and Rescue Department, DRED Division of Parks and Recreation and Peterborough Fire Rescue Department members assisted with the carry-out.
Foster's untimely death is being investigated by the Temple/Greenville police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH hires former Attorney General Delaney to investigate reporting delays on athletic improprieties - 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Hockey: Teams anxious to play - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal