Home » News » Public Safety
Milford hiker dies on Pack Monadnock Mountain
PETERBOROUGH - A 70-year-old unconscious hiker found early Sunday afternoon by another hiker on the Marion Davis Trail at Miller State Park,was a Milford man.
Robert W. Foster was found about 12:30 p.m. Sunday by another hiker who was descending the Marion Davis Trail, according to a state Fish and Game news release. Foster was unconscious and unresponsive and about a quarter-mile from the trail head on Pack Monadnock Mountain.
Emergency workers reached him at 12:55 p.m. and performed CPR but was unsuccessful and he died.
New Hampshire Fish and Game conservation officers, Temple/Greenville Police Department, the Temple Volunteer Fire and Rescue Department, DRED Division of Parks and Recreation and Peterborough Fire Rescue Department members assisted with the carry-out.
Foster's untimely death is being investigated by the Temple/Greenville police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Report due soon on alleged abuse at neuro-rehab centers - 0
- Five state police cruisers among many accidents due to storm - 0
- Person found dead in Manchester alley - 0
- Rymes Oil employees pull Bradford man from flaming wreck, but driver succumbs to injuries - 0
- Keene man killed in work accident in Troy Monday - 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 8
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries in Little Cohas Brook crash - 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Celtics Insider: Celtics rule Smart out of tomorrow's game against Chicago - 0
- Berube the backbone of Monarchs' team 'D' - 0
- Packers QB Revis will pose a challenge for Patriots - 0
- Hudson may start charging for non-transport ambulance calls - 0
- NH suffers 4th worst outage on record - 0
- Camping out didn't pay for shoppers - 0
- Newsreel: Concord economic forecast; Tech Council hosts forum; UNH Fairchild Dairy honored - 0
- Londonderry-based MegaFood launches transparency project in vitamin industry - 0
- Grant program to help Granite State students with loans - 0
NH suffers 4th worst outage on record
Camping out didn't pay for shoppers