Home » News » Public Safety
Milford hiker dies on Pack Monadnock Mountain
PETERBOROUGH - A 70-year-old unconscious hiker found early Sunday afternoon by another hiker on the Marion Davis Trail at Miller State Park,was a Milford man.
Robert W. Foster was found about 12:30 p.m. Sunday by another hiker who was descending the Marion Davis Trail, according to a state Fish and Game news release. Foster was unconscious and unresponsive and about a quarter-mile from the trail head on Pack Monadnock Mountain.
Emergency workers reached him at 12:55 p.m. and performed CPR but was unsuccessful and he died.
New Hampshire Fish and Game conservation officers, Temple/Greenville Police Department, the Temple Volunteer Fire and Rescue Department, DRED Division of Parks and Recreation and Peterborough Fire Rescue Department members assisted with the carry-out.
Foster's untimely death is being investigated by the Temple/Greenville police.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Keene ordinance against synthetic drugs seems to be working - 0
- Plea deal for woman who allegedly supplied drug hours before Hampton double fatal - 1
- Merrimack rollover sends Mass. driver to hospital - 0
- Suit claims Hudson violates rights of panhandlers - 4
- Driver hits Rochester monument, rolls car and is trapped - 0
- Nashua firefighters put out two fires; 14 people forced out in Palm Street blaze - 0
- Two injured in late night car crash in Londonderry - 0
- Hampton Falls woman charged with striking Rye police officer with her car - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 27
- Family of slain journalist James Foley calls for more action to save others - 1
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: A short history of the spice trade - 0
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
ISIS beheads NH journalist