Home » News » Public Safety
Milford hiker dies on Pack Monadnock Mountain
PETERBOROUGH - A 70-year-old unconscious hiker found early Sunday afternoon by another hiker on the Marion Davis Trail at Miller State Park,was a Milford man.
Robert W. Foster was found about 12:30 p.m. Sunday by another hiker who was descending the Marion Davis Trail, according to a state Fish and Game news release. Foster was unconscious and unresponsive and about a quarter-mile from the trail head on Pack Monadnock Mountain.
Emergency workers reached him at 12:55 p.m. and performed CPR but was unsuccessful and he died.
New Hampshire Fish and Game conservation officers, Temple/Greenville Police Department, the Temple Volunteer Fire and Rescue Department, DRED Division of Parks and Recreation and Peterborough Fire Rescue Department members assisted with the carry-out.
Foster's untimely death is being investigated by the Temple/Greenville police.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 3
- Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 1
- Danville couple struggling to get back on feet after explosion - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- These all-natural candles can double as massage oil - 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 13
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 6
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Human intervention hobbling ice fishermen
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings