Home » News » Public Safety
Milford hiker dies on Pack Monadnock Mountain
PETERBOROUGH - A 70-year-old unconscious hiker found early Sunday afternoon by another hiker on the Marion Davis Trail at Miller State Park,was a Milford man.
Robert W. Foster was found about 12:30 p.m. Sunday by another hiker who was descending the Marion Davis Trail, according to a state Fish and Game news release. Foster was unconscious and unresponsive and about a quarter-mile from the trail head on Pack Monadnock Mountain.
Emergency workers reached him at 12:55 p.m. and performed CPR but was unsuccessful and he died.
New Hampshire Fish and Game conservation officers, Temple/Greenville Police Department, the Temple Volunteer Fire and Rescue Department, DRED Division of Parks and Recreation and Peterborough Fire Rescue Department members assisted with the carry-out.
Foster's untimely death is being investigated by the Temple/Greenville police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Driver trapped by live wires after early morning crash in Bow - 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- Nashua police department adds 8 new members - 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 45
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Schedule for today's Queen City Invitational Basketball, Bauer Christmas Hockey tournaments - 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Central rally stuns Memorial - 1
- NHIAA Hockey: Memorial needs shootout to get by Bow - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 1
- No shortage of post-holiday shoppers at local stores - 0
- West junior advising College Board on its entrance exams - 0
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive - 2
- Sullivan in the top running for state's Assistant Principal of the Year - 0
- Derry making progress with efforts to honor POWS, MIAs - 0
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Murder suspect fit for trial?