Home » News » Public Safety
Crashes close one lane on I-93 south in Salem
Three separate crashes on Interstate 93 South, between Exit 2 in Salem and the Massachusetts border, has traffic backed up into Derry.
Traffic Management Center (TMC) spokesman said state officials confirmed three separate accidents on that stretch of highway. Message boards along the highway are advising motorists to seek alternate routes.
The left lane of I-93 South is closed between Exit 1 and the Massachusetts border and while traffic is moving, just after 6:30 a.m. the TMC spokesman said traffic is backing up into Derry.
The accidents happened about 6:15 a.m. and the traffic backup was cleared by about 7:30 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 5
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 1
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 2
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 0
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- Nurse said Exeter Hospital is making her a ‘scapegoat’ in hepatitis case - 0
- Derry council defends officials' purchases - 0
- Nashua librarian reports E-books flying off virtual shelves - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Milford team wins seatbelt challenge
Bruins seek repeat effort and complete sweep
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands