Home » News » Public Safety
Teen girl injured in Keene car accident
KEENE — A 17-year-old girl is recovering after being involved in a crash Saturday afternoon.
Police say the girl pulled her 1997 Subaru Legacy out onto Hastings Avenue from Evans Lane when she collided with the Volkswagen Jetta being driven by Ashleigh Boivin, 24, of Keene. Police are not releasing the name of the teen driver at this time.
The collision impacted the driver's side area of the Subaru, and the teen driver hit her head during the crash, according to police.
The emergency responders called for a helicopter to take the girl to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, due to the apparent seriousness of her injuries. However, that was later called off.
The girl was first taken to Cheshire Medical Center in Keene to wait for the helicopter, and during the evaluation it was determined her injuries were less severe, police said.
No charges have been filed in the crash, which remains under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Driving lesson turns into car accident in Laconia - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Berlin building - 0
- NY man stable after destroying classic Porsche 911 in Route 16 wreck - 3
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 0
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 1
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 2
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 2
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 3
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 2
- Derry marks a soldier's death - 1
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
Not so merry: Giving Robin Hood a bad name