Home » News » Public Safety
Massachusetts teen dies in Sharon crash
SHARON — A Massachusetts teen is dead after he lost control of his car on Route 124 on Saturday and crashed into some woods.
Cody B. Ayotte, 18, of Fifth Street in Leominster, Mass., died after he crashed a 1985 Chevrolet Camaro around 6:30 p.m. Saturday.
Peterborough Police Chief Scott Guinard, who is investigating the crash, said Sunday that speed appears to be a factor in the crash.
Ayotte was heading west on Route 124 when he crossed over to the eastbound lane to pass a line of cars. He then lost control of his car, went off the road, and crashed into a number of trees, Guinard said.
The accident remains under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 6
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 0
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 1
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 11
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 30
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
License revocations for DWI announced