Home » News » Public Safety
Massachusetts teen dies in Sharon crash
SHARON — A Massachusetts teen is dead after he lost control of his car on Route 124 on Saturday and crashed into some woods.
Cody B. Ayotte, 18, of Fifth Street in Leominster, Mass., died after he crashed a 1985 Chevrolet Camaro around 6:30 p.m. Saturday.
Peterborough Police Chief Scott Guinard, who is investigating the crash, said Sunday that speed appears to be a factor in the crash.
Ayotte was heading west on Route 124 when he crossed over to the eastbound lane to pass a line of cars. He then lost control of his car, went off the road, and crashed into a number of trees, Guinard said.
The accident remains under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police ready to make a wardrobe change - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- Derry fire displaces five - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072