Home » News » Public Safety
Massachusetts teen dies in Sharon crash
SHARON — A Massachusetts teen is dead after he lost control of his car on Route 124 on Saturday and crashed into some woods.
Cody B. Ayotte, 18, of Fifth Street in Leominster, Mass., died after he crashed a 1985 Chevrolet Camaro around 6:30 p.m. Saturday.
Peterborough Police Chief Scott Guinard, who is investigating the crash, said Sunday that speed appears to be a factor in the crash.
Ayotte was heading west on Route 124 when he crossed over to the eastbound lane to pass a line of cars. He then lost control of his car, went off the road, and crashed into a number of trees, Guinard said.
The accident remains under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 0
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072