Home » News » Public Safety
Salem DMV to install cameras
Surveillance cameras will soon be installed in the Department of Motor Vehicle registration office in Salem as a tool to fight license and registration fraud.
The cameras, similar to ones already installed in the DMV's Concord and Manchester branches, will be paid for using $465,000 in funds the state received from the federal Homeland Security department.
A former clerk in the Salem DMV branch was sentenced to eight to 28 years in prison for her part in a scheme to sell New Hampshire driver's licenses to illegal immigrants.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Halogen lamp causes Somersworth house fire - 0
- Dover enacts emergency parking ban for Friday - 0
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Kicking game could play crucial role for UNH - 0
- State settles $24.5M lawsuit to force help for mentally ill - 0
- Groton Wind turbines slated to start turning again shortly - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Hooksett man convicted in fatal boating accident - 0
- Man awarded $250K in sexual assault at medical center - 0
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Ice storm threatens the region
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072