Home » News » Public Safety
Hiker dies at Miller State Park
PETERBOROUGH — A hiker died in Miller State Park Sunday afternoon.
According to New Hampshire Fish and Game officials, at 12:30 p.m. Sunday a hiker descending the Marion Davis Trail at Miller State Park found a 70-year-old hiker, unconscious and unresponsive, approximately a quarter mile from the trail head on Pack Monadnock Mountain.
Rescue teams reached the victim at around 12:55 p.m., but attempts at resuscitating the victim were unsuccessful. New Hampshire Fish and Game Conservation officers, members of the Temple police department, the Temple Volunteer Fire and Rescue Department, the DRED Division of Parks and Recreation, and Peterborough fire rescue department members assisted in carrying out the victim, whose name was withheld last night pending notification of next-of-kin.
Temple police are investigating the death, which officials consider 'untimely,' but not suspicious.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 5
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 150
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Road to Recovery helps America's heroes - 0
- Valenti Modified Series back at it - 0
- Seabrook scores in OT to give Blackhawks win, series tie - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 23
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
- Central High student says he was knocked unconscious; police investigate racial motive - 0
Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air
Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off