Home » Opinion » Editorials
Fast and loose Obama, Holder duck accountability
President Obama is so accustomed to blaming George W. Bush for everything that last week he blamed Bush for Fast and Furious, the reckless gun-walking program started by Obama’s Justice Department nine months after Bush left office.
“I think it’s important for us to understand that the Fast and Furious program was a field-initiated program begun under the previous administration,” Obama said in an interview with Univision, the Spanish-language broadcaster. Probably few who watched that interview also saw Jake Tapper of ABC News debunk the claim.
Fewer still probably read the inspector general’s report that Obama used to praise Attorney General Eric Holder. That report, a brutal indictment of Holder’s Justice Department, did fail to connect Holder personally to Fast and Furious. That is because, according to the report, staffers and appointees directly subordinate to Holder miraculously failed over and over again to tell their boss that his own department was putting thousands of guns into the hands of drug dealers, who were then taking them into Mexico and U.S. border states and murdering people with them. One of the murdered was U.S. Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry.
Obama pretends that his attorney general’s complete ignorance of the program is evidence of his administration’s strong leadership. Exactly the opposite is true. The inspector general’s report reveals an ineptly managed Justice Department that enabled a “series of misguided strategies, tactics, errors in judgment, and management failures. ...” In response to this, Obama blames Bush and says, essentially, heck of a job, Holder. Amazing.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH College Notebook: Honors keep coming for several Granite State athletes - 0
- Fisher Cats score in 9th to win - 0
- Former NASCAR driver Trickle dead in apparent suicide - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 14, 2013 - 0
- Manchester's Gill Stadium nearing centenial rededication, still going strong - 0
- Red Sox lose to Rangers - 0
- Glenn, Nolan power Fisher Cats to win - 0
- All done: Monarchs elminated from AHL playoffs three games to one - 0
- NH College Roundup: Evans in Pats' rookie camp - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions
The casino vote: The House did its duty