College Roundoup: UNH volleyball team tops Dartmouth for fourth-straight win
Morgan Thatcher and Tori Forrest each posted 15 kills as the University of New Hampshire volleyball team defeated Dartmouth, 3-0, in Durham on Sunday.
UNH has won four straight matches, including seven straight sets after back-to-back sweeps, to move above .500 at 9-8 on the season. Dartmouth falls to 2-9 overall.
Merrimack 4, St. Anselm 2: In North Andover, Mass., Elizabeth Sears and Canada Stewart of Derry each recorded a goal and an assist for the 3-6 Hawks.
Dartmouth 8, Holy Cross 1: In Worcester, Mass., three players scored multiple goals, including a hat trick from Janine Leger.
Dartmouth 2, Brown 1: In Hanover, Marina Moschitto tallied her second game-winning goal of the season. Moschitto’s game-winner, her third goal in the last three games, snapped Brown’s four-game wining streak.
Franklin Pierce 3, Stonehill 1: In Easton, Mass., on Saturday, the 19th-ranked Ravens improved to 4-2 overall and 2-1 in the Northeast-10.
The Ravens exploded for all three of their goals in the first half. Greg Giguere got the scoring started in the 18th minute and three minutes later Nico Mueller scored a goal.
Graduate forward Ryan Ruffing capped the Ravens’ offensive barrage in the 36th minute when Mueller turned set-up man with another nice crossing pass in front of the net. Mueller finished with three points as the Ravens held a commanding 11-3 advantage in shots.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- No. 1 UConn women rout No. 2 Duke - 0
- Patriots’ Wilfork maintains he’ll be back - 0
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 1
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Firefighters respond to fire at Somersworth home - 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840