Home » News » Public Safety
Two cyclists injured in Durham crash
DURHAM — Two bicyclists were injured in an accident with each other near 45 Bagdad Road Tuesday afternoon.
Assistant fire chief Jason Cleary said the two were riding together when the front wheel of the first bicycle fell off, causing the rider to crash. The second rider then crashed into the first rider.
Cleary said both were transported to Wentworth Douglass Hospital in Dover with non-life-threatening injuries.
He said one rider landed on his head, causing an ear injury and road rash. Cleary did not believe either of the riders was wearing a helmet.
He said the two riders appeared to be in their early 20s, and their identities were not available.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 6
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 27
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- Nurse said Exeter Hospital is making her a ‘scapegoat’ in hepatitis case - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands