Home » News » Public Safety
Danville man out of hospital after car rolls into trucks
PLAISTOW — A Danville man injured Friday night after rolling his car several times before landing against three trucks parked at a local automotive center has been released from a Boston hospital.
Todd M. Doughty, 43, was flown by medical helicopter to Massachusetts General Hospital with serious injuries but was discharged Sunday, a hospital spokesman said.
Police said Doughty was traveling south on Main Street in a Honda Accord when he lost control after passing vehicles at a high rate of speed.
Deputy Police Chief Kathleen Jones said a witness told police that Doughty was attempting to pull back into the southbound lane after passing when he struck a car driven by Eric Fondel, 33, of East Hampstead. Neither Fondel nor his pregnant wife who was a passenger were hurt, she said.
After hitting the car, Doughty’s Honda went off the shoulder of the northbound lane, hit a utility pole and rolled several times, Jones said.
The car came to rest against three trucks parked at Chaya Brothers Auto and Salvage at 237 Main St. Owner Eli Chaya said Doughty’s car struck the back of the trucks, damaging the bumpers, tailgates and tail lights. He said the crash also damaged the fence at his dealership, which sells rebuildable vehicles.
Chaya said the trucks were parked with their backs facing the street. The damage would have been worse if they were parked with the front ends to the street, he said.
Doughty’s passenger, David Kenny, 48, also of Danville, was taken to a local hospital but wasn’t seriously hurt.
The accident remains under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police ready to make a wardrobe change - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- Derry fire displaces five - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072