Help 'Feed the Need' for New Horizons
MANCHESTER — New Horizons for New Hampshire has launched its second “Feed the Need” program, an effort to generate money for its soup kitchen, pantry and shelter.
In the coming days, every home and business in Manchester and Bedford will receive an informational brochure. More than 30 restaurants will offer brochures and donor envelops.
New Horizons feeds 30 percent more people than just a year ago, the charity said, and nearly 10 percent of city families live below the poverty line.
“With the second annual Feed the Need campaign, we hope to raise the necessary funds so that we can continue our mission to provide food and shelter to those in our community who are in need,” said Charlie Sherman, executive director.
The campaign is being underwritten by Devine Milliment, Surge, Brady Sullivan, Anagnost Companies, Centrix Bank, Cross Insurance, JCM Management and Spectrum Marketing.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- To get away, they come to NH - 0
- Bach's Lunch Series Concludes in June with Music of Night and Nature - 0
- Open House at Owl Brook Hunter Education Center on June 1 - 0
- From middle school to Middle Ages in Windham - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host classic car show - 0
- Book tells story of wife's battle with cancer - 0
- Grantham man is Geospatial Hall of Famer - 0
- Evidence challenged in Craigslist sex extortion case - 0
- Commerical fishing season set for tasty start - 0
Lizzie borden took an axe ... or did she?
North Country open for business
To get away, they come to NH
Many in Salem disappointed by casino vote
Goffstown police sergeant fights suspension
From middle school to Middle Ages in Windham
State’s stand-your-ground law intact
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
Casino vote stirs emotions on both sides