Home » News » Public Safety
Motorcycle, bicycle collide in Wilton; two injured
WILTON — An accident involving a motorcycle and a bicycle Wednesday morning sent both riders to the hospital, and police are investigating what led to the crash.
Just before 8 a.m. Wednesday, David Britt, 40, of Merrimack, was traveling south on Route 31 on his 2010 Honda motorcycle. As Britt was riding, he approached a man on a bicycle who was traveling in the same direction. Britt went to pass the bicycle, but according to Wilton police, it appears that the cyclist, Jamie Rodriguez, 26, of Greenville, swerved in front of the motorcycle.
The two riders collided and both were thrown from their bikes. The men were transported to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center in Nashua with non-life-threatening injuries, according to police.
The accident is still under investigation, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 72
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- Danville police chief pleads not guilty in firearms case - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 1
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 1
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time