Home » News » Public Safety
Motorcycle, bicycle collide in Wilton; two injured
WILTON — An accident involving a motorcycle and a bicycle Wednesday morning sent both riders to the hospital, and police are investigating what led to the crash.
Just before 8 a.m. Wednesday, David Britt, 40, of Merrimack, was traveling south on Route 31 on his 2010 Honda motorcycle. As Britt was riding, he approached a man on a bicycle who was traveling in the same direction. Britt went to pass the bicycle, but according to Wilton police, it appears that the cyclist, Jamie Rodriguez, 26, of Greenville, swerved in front of the motorcycle.
The two riders collided and both were thrown from their bikes. The men were transported to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center in Nashua with non-life-threatening injuries, according to police.
The accident is still under investigation, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Fire destroys Keene house, no one injured, but pets missing - 0
- Arbitrator finds Manchester had 'just cause' to fire Coco - 16
- New Hampshire's homeless remembered in Laconia vigil - 0
- Keene fire destroys house, no injuries reported - 0
- State agrees to delete toll booth photos - 5
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 4
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 1
Sales of new limited edition ‘Old Man’ liquor bottles will help fund Hall of Flags restoration projectREADER COMMENTS: 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072